martes, 22 de marzo de 2011

Reported speech 2 (activities)

Yesterday you met a friend of yours, Charlie. Charlie told you a lot of things...
1. I’m thinking of going to live in Canada.
2. My father is in hospital.
3. Nora and Jim are getting married next month.
4. I’ll tell Jim I saw you.
5. I haven’t seen Bill for a while.
6. I’ve been playing tennis a lot recently.
7. I don’t know what Fred is doing.
8. I hardly ever go out these days.
9. Tom had an accident last week but he wasn’t injured.
10. I saw Jack at a party a few months ago and he seemed fine.

In this exercise someone says something to you which is the opposite of what they said before… You have
to answer : I thought you said…
Example: “That restaurant is expensive.” – “I thought you said it wasn’t expensive.”
1. “Ann is coming to the party.” _ “I thought you said she _________________________________________
2. “Bill passed his examination.” _ “I thought you said ___________________________________________
3. “Ann likes Bill.” _ “I thought you said _______________________________________________________
4. “I’ll be here next week.” _ “I thought you said ________________________________________________
5. “I can afford a holiday this year.” _ “I thought you said _________________________________________
QUESTIONS – exercise:
1. “What caused the explosion?” _ The journalist asked_____________________________________________
2. “Has Bill passed his examination?” _ Tom asked _______________________________________________
3. “Where did you play last Sunday?” _ She asked us _____________________________________________
4. “Will you be here next week?” _ Jim asked Ann ________________________________________________
5. “What are you doing with your mobile?” _ The teacher asked me _________________________________
___________________________________________
ORDERS , REQUESTS , ADVICE (conselhos) – exercise:
1. “Shut the door but don’t lock it”, she said to us.
She told ______________________________________________________________________________________________
2. “Will you please tell Sam I miss him?”, Susan asked me.
Susan ______________________________________________________________________________________
3. “Can you please speak more slowly ? I can’t understand what you are saying ”, the foreign girl said to
Jim. _ The foreign girl ____________________________________________________________ , because
4. “Why don’t you make your presentation in power point instead?”, the teacher said to us.
The teacher advised ___________________________________________________

1.     "I have a toothache."
He said that
2.     "I will open the window."He said that
3.     "She has gone on holiday."He said that
4.     "Go away!", he said to me.He
5.     "Where is my hat?", he asked me.He
6.     "We're going to the cinema."He said that
7.     "You have to do your best", he said to us.He said that
8.     "Who will you tell?", he asked me.He
9.     "They should go to the police".He said that
10.  "I don't know."
He said that
  1. "Stop talking, Joe," the teacher said.→ The teacher told Joe
  2. "Be patient," she said to him.→ She told him
  3. "Go to your room," her father said to her.→ Her father told her
  4. "Hurry up," she said to us.→ She told us
  5. "Give me the key," he told her.→ He asked her
  6. "Play it again, Sam," she said.→ She asked Sam
  7. "Sit down, Caron" he said.→ He asked Caron
  8. "Fill in the form, Sir," the receptionist said.
    → The receptionist asked the guest
  9. "Take off your shoes," she told us.→ She told us
  10. "Mind your own business," she told him.→ She told him
  11. She said, "Go upstairs."
    → She told me
  12. "Close the door behind you," he told me.→ He told me
  13. "Don't be late," he advised us.→ He advised us
  14. "Stop staring at me," she said.→ She told him
  15. "Don't be angry with me," he said.→ He asked her
  16. "Leave me alone," she said.→ She told me
  17. "Don't drink and drive," she warned us.→ She warned us
  18. "John, stop smoking," she said.→ She told John
  19. "Don't worry about us," they said.→ They told her
  20. "Meet me at the cinema." he said.→ He asked me
  21. "I was very tired," she said.→ She said
  22. "Be careful, Ben," she said.→ She told Ben
  23. "I will get myself a drink," she says.→ She says
  24. "Why haven't you phoned me?" he asked me.→ He wondered
  25. "I cannot drive them home," he said.→ He said
  26. "Peter, do you prefer tea or coffee?" she says.→ She asks Peter
  27. "Where did you spend your holidays last year?" she asked me.→ She asked me
  28. He said, "Don't go too far."→ He advised her

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario